MIDDAY LUNCHTIME SUPERVISOR
Salary: Scale B SCP 6 – 8 £15,014 to £15,246 FTE pro-rata
Contract: Term Time Only
Start Date: ASAP Interview Date: Friday 22nd Sept 2017
Closing Date: 9.00am Wednesday 20th September 2017
“Education is for improving lives and for leaving your community and world better than you found it”
Wood End Primary is a small village school within Community Academies Trust and the Executive Headteacher is seeking to appoint a Midday Supervisor to join our team where children will thrive in our caring, exciting, and inspirational learning environment.
We are driven by a desire to lead rather than follow, and to be beacons of outstanding local provision, which our community can rely on for the excellent education we provide for our children.
This role is offered on a part time basis, working 1.25 hours per day over five days during term time to supervise our pupils lunchtime period.
Successful applicants must be able to;
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of pupils during the lunchtime period.
- Work under the general direction of the Office Administrator or designated person in charge of pupils.
- Demonstrate a positive, resourceful and proactive demeanour.
* Ensure that the personal and individual care and toileting needs of pupils are met.
- Escort pupils to and from dining areas, ensuring information is exchanged with class staff.
- Ensure pupils are in the dining room/area at the appropriate time.
- Help pupils at the counter, including choice of meal and money (if appropriate).
- Assist with the proper use of cutlery and helping cut food as necessary.
- Feed pupils with severe physical problems, following advice of other professionals.
- Assist pupil when returning used plates, trays, cutlery, beakers, and clearing tables when lunch is completed.
- Develop and support lunchtime activities.
How do I apply?
To apply for this position, please complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form on the Wood End School Website www.woodend.eschools.co.uk. Submit the forms by email to Fiona Hinds, School Business Manager by no later than 9am on Wednesday 20th September 2017. This vacancy is also advertised on W M Jobs Website websites.
Community Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the standards in line with Community Academies Trust vision and values.